As a new blogger, it’s always exciting to get recognized and seen by fellow bloggers out there. Last month I was nominated by FoggyMommy for a Liebster Award, and I’m finally over the cold that plagued my house and getting back into my blogging groove!
A Liebster award is passed around the blogging community to support, encourage and get to know each other and our growing blogs. Here’s how it works: I answer 11 questions posed to me by the person who nominated me. Then, I nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and ask them 11 new questions. I let them know via social media. Then, they thank and link me, and do the same!
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Southeast Asia. Thailand, more specifically. That’s as foreign and as far as it gets for me, which is the appeal. Oh and I would immediately visit an elephant sanctuary.
2. What’s your favorite book, movie and TV show?
The Little Prince, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Last American Man are some of my favorite books. I love easy-to-watch silly movies and tv, so I go for Anchorman and Gilmore Girls. Guilt-free.
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Inconsiderate people drive me crazy! Whether it’s in traffic, at the supermarket or work, let’s think of each other more out there!
4. Besides the birth of your children or your wedding day, what was your best day ever?
My undergraduate college graduation. I was so overcome with joy, excitement and a sense of fulfillment that I just could not stop smiling all day!
5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Explain why.
Mostly an extrovert! I used to be extremely shy, until I met my best friends (to this day!) my first day of college, and I learned how to let go and just come out of my shy-box! Now I can talk to anyone about mostly anything, and I love meeting new people. I do crave and love my alone time like an introvert, though.
6. This is an oldie but goodie: If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead (real, not fiction), who would it be?
The Dalai Lama. I saw him speak a few years ago and I was thoroughly fascinated. He was kind and intelligent, as you would expect, but also hilarious – he even cracked jokes about drunk college kids. How fun and insightful of a dinner would that be?!
7. What would be your spirit animal? (Or, if you’re a Harry Potter fan, your Patronus?)
A wild horse! Eagle. Mermaid?
8. Are you usually early, late or on time?
Since becoming a momma it’s been a little harder to be on time, but I still strive for that. (Which means I’m usually a little late.)
9. What do you like best about blogging, and what do you find most challenging?
I LOVE writing and taking photographs, and I really enjoy putting posts together. It’s challenging to expand my readership, honestly, since I don’t spend as much time promoting it as I should. But family comes first, and the baby ain’t gonna feed himself.
10. What holiday do you enjoy most?
New Year’s Eve holds a very special place in my heart – it was when my fiance and I first kindled our little romance, a few years ago. It also means fresh start and new beginnings – I enjoy that, whether you believe in the symbolism or not.
11. Besides food, water and sunscreen, what three things would you want to have with you if you were marooned on a deserted island?
How about three living beings? My fiance, my son and my pup. It’s an island party!
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name and/or premise?
4. What’s your love language?
5. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
6. What is your idea of a perfect trip?
9. What’s one piece of advice you are tired of hearing from others?
10. And what’s one that you would like to share. 🙂
**FTC Disclosure statement: This post contains affiliate links, which means I might receive a small commission from Amazon if you decide to purchase the books mentioned using the links above. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help support this blog, so thank you!